What I do
I’m an online Community Manager. I help create, maintain, and grow online communities and brand profiles on social media networks. Things that go along with that include:
- developing community and social media strategy and governance
- risk and crisis management
- market, competitive, influencer researcher, and analysis
- content creation
- monitoring and reporting
- mentoring and training
And I also love blogging.
My background is in traditional forms of journalism and I have a Bachelor of Arts in English. Once upon a time, I worked at The Miami Herald and Newsradio 610 WIOD. I moved into the community management space with the US-based moderation company Mod Squad and got to work with cool companies such as Warner Bros., Animal Jam, Kabam, Second Life, U.S. Army, Konami, The Playforge, ReachOut, and Pathevo.
In Australia, I joined Quiip, Australia’s leading social media and online community management and moderation company. Cool companies I’ve worked with through Quiip include ReachOut, SANE, The Line, AMP Capital, VicHealth, and NSW Health. I’m also the Online Community Manager for Breast Cancer Network Australia.
Presentations and interviews
- Managing a Cancer Community, Community Signal Podcast
- Online communities and the health sector, on career opportunities – Monash University
- A Community Manager’s Guide to Mental Health Preparedness with Sarah Stokely – online webinar for R U OK? Day
- Zen and the art of community maintenance: a CM’s guide to mental health with Sarah Stokely – Lightning Talks at Swarm Conference 2015
- How to Build an Engaged Community for Any Business – Risk and Safety for Envato Talks Series
- Social Media for Personal and Professional Use – REA Group