Tag! You’re It!
A big thanks to Housewife Down Under for tagging me. I’m convinced tag is the oldest game in the world and while it’s not always a good thing to be “it”, when it comes to the blogosphere, it’s a great way to learn more about bloggers and discover great blogs.
- Post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in his/her post.
- Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ll tag.
- Tag eleven people with a link to your post.
- Let them know you tagged them.
My Questions and Answers
1. Do you like your middle name?
I don’t have a middle name, which is fine and dandy because my first and last name are unusual enough. My first name is Cosette, after a character in the French novel Les Miserables. I didn’t like my name when I was a kid because people, including teachers, never pronounced it properly the first few times and kids called me ‘cassette’. But as I grew older, I met smarter people and learned to love my name. My surname is Paneque, which is also difficult for non-Spanish speakers to pronounce and the origins of which remain a mystery. I didn’t like my surname growing up either, but I’ve learned to and, more importantly, I’ve come to claim my name. During a short stint as a newsradio reporter, my boss asked me if I wanted to take an on a (less ethnic) pseudonym for the benefit of our listeners. I said no; people can learn to pronounce it.
2. What do you think would be the worst place in the world to live?
I can think of a few - the Democratic Republic of Congo, Yemen, Liberia, Sudan, Somalia. These are places of military conflict, extreme violence, religious fanaticism, child soldiers, rape and sexual slavery, poverty, famine, disease, genocide, and general lawlessness.
3. Are you a religious person?
4. Do you snore?
Yes, I do sometimes. I’ve also been known to laugh, talk, and carry on conversations in my sleep.
5. If you had a free hand to implement and enforce one political policy in your country, what would it be? You can only pick one!
It would be universal health care. There are far too many Americans without health care and there’s no reason for that if we are truly a wealthy and civilized nation. Marriage equality comes a close second and I think that will happen eventually.
6. Do you collect anything?
No. I’m something of a minimalist, but I guess you could say I collect information. I enjoy reading and will store away interesting articles, usually in digital format, for later reference and inspiration.
7. If you could have one talent that you don’t already have, what would it be?
This is a tie between a natural talent for the culinary arts and singing.
8. What’s a talent that you already do have?
I don’t think of myself as being talented, but I’m good at a few things such as writing, project management, and ritual. This is generally the result of being organized, detail-oriented, and having developed certain skills.
9. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten? And why did you eat it???
I don’t have a strong palate for exotic, particularly Asian, foods. I think sushi is probably the most disgusting thing I’ve ever eaten. I ate it to try it; I’m willing to try many dishes, but I draw the line at things like balut, insects, and larvae.
10. Early bird or night owl?
I can go either way. Both times are quiet, tend to have a comfortable temperature, and can be very productive for me.
11. What hobby of yours do you enjoy the most?
Creative pursuits make me happy – blogging, reading, photography. I also love discovering and exploring new places. I’m a traveler at heart.
11 New Questions
- What sound do you love?
- What songs are included on the soundtrack of your life?
- If happiness was the currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would be the occasion and what would it be like?
- What’s the oldest item you own?
- Do you support any non-profit organizations? If so, which one(s)?
- What’s your number one can’t-live-without item?
- If you could witness any event past, present, or future, which would it be?
- What’s your favorite creative outlet?
- Aside from your computer, what’s the closest item near you?
- What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
Tag! You’re It!
- Gypsy’s Treasures
- Pagan in Paradise
- From America to Australia
- Keys Down Under
- Smuggling Budgies
- When in Oz
- Quaker Pagan Reflections
- Texas Rambler
- Scott Fillmer
About the featured image: Tag you’re it by simpletoker, deviant art.